Notice: Undefined index: margin_above in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsiocns_OnPosts.php on line 450
Notice: Undefined index: margin_below in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsiocns_OnPosts.php on line 451
My Chicken Salad is a recipe that I have used for years. Sometimes I mix it up with the add-in I’ve listed below, but it’s always a crowd favorite. Great for parties or potlucks.
- 3 cups chicken breast-boiled, shredded and cooled
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups homemade mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup cube sweet salad cubes, with about 80-90% of the juice squeezed out (I use my hands, though you could use a tea towel)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Other options (I would say mix and match according to you taste, but not add everything):
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup grapes, quartered
- 1/4-1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4-1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
While chicken is cooking, mix rest of ingredients and chill in fridge until chicken is cooled (this lets the flavors develop, so don’t skip this step). Once chicken is ready, mix with sauce mix.
Great served on a sandwich with lettuce, a tomato, on crackers, on a sandwich with lettuce, tomato and country (red-eye) ham. Croissants are also amazing with the salad on them.
I cut the chicken into strips (against the grain) and put them in my kitchen aid mixer with the paddle attachment for a minute until it’s the desired constancy, but you can do this by hand or with a fork or with a handheld mixer. If you use a mixer, do it while the chicken is hot.
In a pinch sweet relish would work, but I like the crunch of the salad cubes.