Sweet & sour sausages are a quick, easy party food for a crowd.
Okay, so not the healthiest food, but a slightly healthier version of a great party food or a once-in-a-while treat.
Sweet & Sour Sausages
- 16 ounces high fructose corn syrup free grape jelly
- 20 ounces ketchup
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste, but be aware that the flavor intensifies as it sets)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon onion powder (to taste, flavor also intensifies as it sets)
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (depending on how sour you want it)
- 2-3 pounds Uncured (No Added Nitrites) Smoked Beef Sausage
Mix the first five ingredients in either a crockpot or medium sauces pan, stirring until the jelly is dissolved.
Slice sausage and add to pot/crock. Heat until meat is heated through.
As I mentioned before, a slightly healthier version of a party food or treat. If I make it for dinner, I usually serve over rice with some stir fry veg.
This sauce is also amazing one meatballs.