I meant to get a picture of the cake frosted with it, but it got eaten before I got a chance.
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 8 ounces butter, room temp
- 2 ounces refined coconut oil
- 1-2 ounces freeze dried strawberries, powdered
- pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
I powdered the strawberries in a mini food processor, next time I might sift out the seeds, but it was really okay with them in.
Mix butter and coconut oil (refined so you do not get the coconutty flavor) until a few shades lighter, and nice and fluffy. Slowly mix in strawberries, salt and sugar. Add cream slowly until desired consistency.
Enjoy. If you make ahead and refrigerate, be sure to take it out and let it come to room temp before frosting.
Pairs nicely with a chocolate cake.